Founded in May 2013, Sino-Africa Joint Research Center (SAJOREC) is an active action responding to the “Belt and Road Initiative”. It is established under the framework of CAS’s Developing Countries Science & Education Cooperation Programme, and the infrastructure construction of SAJOREC has been listed in The Forum on China-Africa Cooperation Johannesburg Action Plan (2016-2018).
SAJOREC admits 30 African students every year through UCAS Scholarship for International Students and CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Program. About 30% of the masters could be admitted to PhD program through Students Selection and Evaluation System. Since 2013, 122 African students have been awarded fellowship to study at SAJOREC. All of them are supported by scholarships through different programs.
Doctoral programs commonly last for 3 years. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
※Visiting Students Programs
The schooling system for visiting students ranges from 1 semester to 2 years. A non-degree certificate of study can be awarded if the visiting student successfully completes his/her study at UCAS. Official transcripts are also available upon request.
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) has set up the UCAS Scholarship for International Students to sponsor young talents all over the world to pursue Master’s or Doctoral degree, or attend courses, conduct research or pay academic visits at UCAS faculties/CAS institutes.
※“The Belt and Road” Master Fellowship Programme
It provides funding opportunities for up to 120 students/scholars from the countries along the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-Century Maritime Silk Road (the Belt and Road) to pursue Master degrees at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) around China up to 3 years.
※CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme for Doctoral Candidates
Up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.
(1) Non-Chinese citizens;
(2) Being healthy and willing to abide by Chinese laws and decrees;
(3) Holding a Master’s degree or its equivalent when applying for a Master Programs; holding a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent when applying for a Master Programs
(4) English proficiency is required.
(1) Check eligibility criteria
(2) Find an eligible host supervisor affiliated with UCAS faculty or CAS institute that agrees to accept you
(3) Submit your admission application via the online system
Online Application System for International Students of UCAS (http://adis.ucas.ac.cn)
(4) Remind your supervisor to complete the SUPERVISOR’S COMMENT PAGE and send it to the international students office of UCAS by the UCAS faculty/CAS institute which he /she is affiliated with.
Mar 31, 2018
Ms. Xu Shao
Sino-Africa Joint Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: No.201 Jiufeng Road (No.1), Hongshan District, Wuhan, 430074, China
More scholarship information will be launched soon.
To be continued !